My paternal grandmother and I.
I miss her so much.
The last time I saw her and hugged her was July 1997.
Every time we talked on the phone she would always ask, “¿mí niña cuando vas a venir? Ya te quiero ver y abrazar”
I always longed to see her, but I couldn’t.
I have always thought of this country as the golden cage. The bars might be golden yet it is still a prison.
My grandmother died in 2007.
The day I was DACA approved earlier this spring I cried, I remembered my grandmother and I cried. she would always tell me that she hoped things would get better.
I just wish she were still alive so I could tell her…
- shstido likes this
- shstido reblogged this from belislythindor
- theupsidedowntriangle likes this
- chinatide reblogged this from belislythindor
- th3drivethru likes this
- perfidio likes this
- faithinhistiming likes this
- 3rikalol likes this
- gayadoration likes this
- quality-junk likes this
- dreamyplatypus likes this
- shmegel likes this
- belislythindor posted this